Prepare for the ultimate in relaxation
When you pay Koan Float a visit we want you to leave all your cares behind. After all, you come here to relax, so your mind and body can escape the stress of daily life. This is why you don’t need to bring anything with you: no swimwear, no towel, no bathrobe, no slippers and not even body-care products. We provide everything so you can get the most out of your relaxing session at Koan Float.
Prior to your float session
Floating is a unique experience. You will experience for the first time what weightlessness feels like. Prior to floating it is important to take the following aspects into account:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the float session is due to start, so you have time to be taken through the procedure and drink a cup of tea at leisure.
- We recommend that prior to floating you have had enough to eat, but not too much. We advise you not to drink coffee for at least one hour before floating.
- Please refrain from shaving or depilating several hours before floating, because of the salt content in the water. (Salt may sting.)
- If you wear contact lenses, please bring cleaning solution and contact lens case with you.
- If you are pregnant or recovering from giving birth, please get in touch with us beforehand. In most cases floating during pregnancy is very healthy for you and your baby.
Floating is, unfortunately, not allowed if you:
- Have large areas of damaged skin that are not completely healed. (Small skin damage is not a problem; you can cover it with our pure protectant Vaseline.)
- Suffer from epilepsy. If in any doubt, please consult your GP/therapist.
- Drink alcohol and/or use drugs prior to your float session (the same applies to a massage).
Do you still have any questions? Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
You are more than welcome to ask any one of our float experts a question during opening hours. Enjoy a cup of tea while you’re here!