Benefits of massage
Many positive effects on mind and body
A massage at Koan Float is always given in the comfort of a private room. Our skilled masseurs ask you a few questions beforehand, so the massage can be tailor-made to suit your specific needs. Moreover, we have 14 relaxing massage techniques on offer.
Receiving a massage is highly beneficial, in both a preventive and therapeutic sense. Besides being deeply relaxing, a massage can substantially help to alleviate mental and physical stress. On top of that, having a massage is simply a source of great pleasure; give yourself a proper treat!
The positive effects of massage can be broken down into three main areas:
well-being as a whole, mental effects & physiological effects.
Effects of massage on well-being as a whole:
- Deep relaxation of mind & body
- Perfect remedy for fatigue & jet lag
- Reduces stress (mental & physical)
- Boosts energy levels; refreshing and rejuvenating
- Improves motivation; alleviates symptoms of depression and anxiety
Positive mental effects of massage:
- Generates mental clarity & alertness
- Improves visualisation capacity
- Facilitates meditation
- Heightens mental resilience
- Lowers the chance of depression and anxieties
Positive physiological effects of massage:
- Helps alleviate pain (muscle pain, arthritis, migraine, rheumatism, etc.)
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves the circulation of oxygen and nutrients
- Lowers blood pressure, heart rate and consumption of oxygen
- Improves the skin’s general condition
- Speeds up the healing process and recovery from injuries
- Helps prevent sports injuries
It goes without saying that the 14 different types of massage on offer at Koan Float produce positive effects. All of the masseurs are specialized in particular types of massage. Massages are perfect when combined with a float session.
Via our online reservations module you can conveniently choose your preferred massage and/or masseur.